Picture This: Nature Photo Contest
Capture beautiful images forever, as you wander through the wooded acres and open meadows of the Demarest Nature Center. Then enter your print in the photo contestÉ and perhaps bring a smile to your face again as a prize winner!
Here are the Rules of the Contest:
- Submit your unmounted prints (no smaller than 8" X 8" or larger than 8" X 12") to the Bank of America in Demarest by noon, Friday, May 31, 2013.
- Write your name, address, phone number, and age (if under 14) on the back of each picture
- There is no limit on the number of entries.
- Photos must be taken in the Demarest Nature Center.
- All entries become the property of the Demarest Nature Center.
- No more than one cash prize per person, per division, will be awarded.
- Winners will announced at the Breakfast in the Woods, Saturday, June 9. (Rain Date June 10). Participants do not have to be present to win.
- The Demarest Nature Center reserves the right to reprint your entry photo on this website or in other nature center publicity.
- Color Prints, adult (14 and up)
- Color Prints, youth (under 14)
- Black and White Prints, adult (14 and up)
- Black and White Prints, youth (under 14)
- Grand Prize: $100
- 1st Place in each category: $50
- 2nd Place in each category: $30
- 3rd Place in each category: $20
For additional information please contact John Goodwin @ 201-768-0777
Fri., May 31:
Photo Contest Deadline
Cash prizes! Deposit entries at the Demarest Free Public Library in the DNC Basket. All photos must be taken in the nature center. See our website for contest details. Awards to be announced at the Breakfast in the Woods. Download DNCA Photo Contest Rules or see DNCA photo contest page for details.
The winning photos from the 2012 DNCA Photo Contest are online here.
Sat., Oct. 12
Craft Show at Oktoberfest, Duck Pond, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The happiest day of the year in Demarest! Excellent crafts for sale, German and Korean food, canoe rides, inflatable rides for the little kids, etc. Rain date Oct. 19.
See the winning
The winning photos from the 2012 DNCA Photo Contest are online: click here for photo gallery.
Download the April Recycling Update [4mb PDF].
Household Hazardous Waste Collecting for Bergen County
Visit www.bcua.org for hazardous waste collection dates and locations, and safely get rid of paints, solvents, and old batteries.